Muirfield’s Vision, Values and Aims
Caring, Ambitious and Responsible
Our School Values are:
Our School Aims are:
- Happy, safe and secure: To be a happy, safe and caring school where everyone wants to learn.
- High Aspirations: To learn together to be the best we can be.
- Pride and Respect: To show respect, be healthy and care for our world.
- Inclusion: To include and value everyone.
- Can do, will do approaches: To take responsibility and set a good example to others.
- People and teamwork: To be kind and work well together.
Revised January 2017
About Muirfield School:
Muirfield School (the building itself) was opened in August 1957 and is equipped with an extensive grassy playground area. The playground has undergone considerable development over the past few years as we look to enhance the children’s experiences in the outside environment, including a bike track, climbing equipment and extensive willow arch.
In addition to the classrooms, the facilities at Muirfield School include a large assembly/dining hall, a gym and a general purpose area on the stage. There is a music and art rooms as well as a well-stocked and attractive library and a developing ICT hub to enhance the learning experiences of the children across the curriculum.
The range of educational provision at Muirfield School extends from Nursery to Primary 7. The Nursery caters for 80 children – 40 each morning and each afternoon. The current role is 217 in 10 primary classes. We also have three enhanced provision rooms – including a nurture room.